With the unique ability Gerald possessed to spot and pick talent, produce hits and present entertainment in unique ways, Sooriya broke new ground at every juncture of its journey;
- ‘The Prince of Baila’ Paul Fernando on a melodious light classical song “Egoda Godee”
- Playback singer H.R. Jothipala to mainstream pop
- Dalreen on Sinhala pop
- Police Hewisi band performing alongside pop musicians
- Sooriya Show on a floating stage
- The first to sign contracts with artistes along with royalty agreements
Sooriya made equal contribution to various forms of music and culture of Sri Lanka and was the name for innovation and originality in Sri Lankan music.