Catalogue Number: CHB LP 1r
Type: Vinyl LP 33 1/3rpm
Vocals: The Moonstones with Indrani Perera, Paul and Anula Fernando, Claude & The Sensations with Noeline Honter & Sam Nathan, Shiromie Fernando, The Golden Chimes, La Bambas, M.S. Fernando
- Tape Operation and Restoration: George Manathunga
- Tape Operation Assistance: Kalum Wijesinghe
- Digital Transfers: Dr. Nimal Ratnayake
- Re-mastering Engineer: Ranil Goonawardene
- Sound & Technical Advisor: Denham Hakel
- Recording Studio: Mervyn Rodrigo Recording Studio at The Sooriya Village
- Artwork re-creation: Chandu De Soysa
Original production credits:
- Recording Engineer: Mervyn Rodrigo
- Recording Studio: Sarasavi Studio
- Cover Design: A.M. Harischandra
- Lithography: Aitken Spence Co., Ltd.
The first ever Sinhala LP produced in Sri Lanka, first released in 1971. Re-produced in 2018 due to popular demand, with the intention of bringing back the original songs and sounds of the 1960’s & 70’s. Contains original tracks re-mastered using original master tapes preserved since 1969.
Due to the non-availability of a good quality recording on spool tape, this re-production excludes the famous introduction by Vijaya: “Sooriya records proudly present the dynamic new sound of Ceylonese pops on the Sooriya Show”.
A limited edition book, almost a classic, contains of stories of artistes’ lives, their songs, lyrics & notations of songs, copies of photographs, posters & postcards of selected artists.